Pet Wellness Care in Cary
Personalized Health Plans for Your Beloved Companion
As pet lovers, our veterinarians and staff know you want to keep your furry friends around for as long as possible. The only way your pets can live long lives is through a regimented diet and wellness program. Mayfair Animal Hospital specializes in developing individualized wellness care for each and every one of our patients because we care about your pets, too.
Creating Wellness Programs for Cats & Dogs, Young & Old
Whether you have a newborn puppy or a senior cat who runs your household, we can examine your pet and produce a wellness plan that fits their lifestyle.
Our wellness care extends to include the following:
- Age-related changes
- Annual and biannual physical exams, depending on animal age
- Dental care
- Mobility Issues
- Vaccination schedules for kittens and puppies
- Weight and nutrition
Early Detection Panels
At Mayfair Animal Hospital, we encourage a complete picture of your young pet’s health. By nature, animals are designed to disguise their pain and potential illnesses. Keeping this in mind, we feel it is essential to regularly examine and gather baseline blood values to allow us to monitor your pet’s overall health.
An Early Detection Panel is a physical exam of the inside of the body. It is performed for pet’s ages 1-7 years old as part of their annual exam. EDP is a package of tests composed of a blood chemistry panel, a complete blood count, and a urinalysis. An early detection panel can assist in diagnosing underlying health conditions before your pet is displaying symptoms such as diabetes, kidney disease, or liver disease. If these diseases are caught early, we can begin to manage environmental and dietary changes and/or begin medications earlier providing your pet with the best quality of life possible.
Our tests include:
- Blood chemistry test, which measures the levels of various substances in the blood and aids in diagnosing diseases such as diabetes, liver disease, and kidney disease
- Complete blood count, which provides a detailed look at different blood cells and aids in diagnosing conditions such as anemia, infection, and/or dehydration
- Urinalysis, which gives us detailed information about kidney function, diabetes, urinary tract infections, and abnormalities associated with kidney or bladder stones
We look forward to working with you to keep your young pet active and healthy. Don’t wait to schedule our pet wellness care in Cary. We’re also pleased to serve families and their loved ones in Morrisville, Raleigh, Apex, Holly Springs, and the surrounding areas.
For more information on our wellness care, please call (919) 590-0099.
“They provide insightful treatment options and recommendations without pressure.”- Angel M.
“I’m really grateful for their services and the care they have towards the animals.”- Diana C.
“I am glad we have found an exceptional place to care for my dogs!!”- Eileen M.