Mayfair Animal Hospital: COVID-19 Public Safety Protocol: Effective 3/20/2020
Due to concern for our clients and staff, Mayfair Animal Hospital is adopting some changes in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). These recommendations are being made after careful consideration and are based on the recommendations and actions of the CDC, American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), and the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA).
In order to remain open to provide essential care for our patients we will be adopting a drop off policy for seeing patients. This will be not so unlike our normal drop off services that many of you have utilized over the years except all direct client interaction will occur outside of the building.
- Upon arrival at the hospital please call our office number (919) 467-6146 to notify staff of your arrival.
- A care team member, will meet you at your car, obtain history and important clinical information and transfer your pet to a hospital exam room to be evaluated by the veterinarian. Clients will not be permitted inside of the hospital. (please note: team members will be dressed in mask and gloves for your safety and ours)
- After initial exam, the veterinarian will contact you by phone to discuss findings, diagnostic recommendations, and treatment options. Depending on the case being evaluated you may be asked to leave and return once the visit is concluded. For less involved cases you may remain in the parking lot until your pet is ready to go home.
- Payments will be taken over the phone and your pet will be returned to you with any necessary medications, food and/or preventatives.
- All medication refills, prescription diets and retail items will be handled in the same way (call the office on arrival, payment over the phone and then you will be given instruction on what to do/delivery to your car).
- This new policy will be in effect until the threat of COVID-19 has subsided and is the only way we can continue providing care to the patients we love. In addition to the above, we will also be closed on Saturdays until it is safe to return to business as usual.
We would like to assure you of the following:
- Patients WILL be treated with the loving and fear reduced approach that Heartland has always strived to provide.
- We WILL still operate as a species separate practice to maintain a fear reduced environment (dogs on main lobby side and cats on cat lobby side).
- You WILL have direct verbal communication with the veterinarian about your pet’s visit.
As healthcare professionals our goal is to provide high quality service
while protecting our staff and clientele from unnecessary virus exposure.
Thank you for your patience, cooperation and understanding as we all adapt
to this ever-evolving situation.
- Mayfair Animal Hospital
“They provide insightful treatment options and recommendations without pressure.”- Angel M.
“I’m really grateful for their services and the care they have towards the animals.”- Diana C.
“I am glad we have found an exceptional place to care for my dogs!!”- Eileen M.