Senior Pet Care in Cary
Compassionate Treatment for Our Older Friends
Regular preventative care is even more important for senior dogs and cats to help prevent or delay the onset of diseases that older pets are more susceptible to, including kidney disease, heart disease, liver disease, cancer, organ failure, osteoarthritis, and hormone disorders, to name a few. Mayfair Animal Hospital provides excellent senior pet care in Cary because we want your pets to age gracefully and be free of pain.
Our Senior Care Screenings Catch Everything
At Mayfair Animal Hospital, our specialized senior care screenings will help us determine the health of your pet and check for potential underlying conditions.
For dogs and cats seven years and older, we recommend:
- A physical exam, an important part of the senior care program
- Blood chemistry testing, which measures the levels of various substances in the blood, and aids in diagnosing common diseases such as diabetes, liver, and kidney disease
- Complete blood count (CBC)to provide a detailed look at the different blood cells, and help us diagnose anemia, infection, or dehydration
- Thyroid screen (T4), which helps our veterinarians diagnose thyroid disease, a common ailment in older dogs and cats
- Urinalysis, which gives us detailed information about kidney function, aids in the diagnosis of diabetes, checks for urinary tract infections, and can alert us about any abnormalities that could lead to kidney or bladder stones
We are here to help you in providing your pet with the best and most comprehensive senior veterinary care so that he or she has the healthiest and happiest quality of life throughout their golden years. We’re proud to serve Cary, Morrisville, Raleigh, Apex, Holly Springs, and the surrounding areas and have even been voted Neighborhood Favorite by Nextdoor.com.
“They provide insightful treatment options and recommendations without pressure.”- Angel M.
“I’m really grateful for their services and the care they have towards the animals.”- Diana C.
“I am glad we have found an exceptional place to care for my dogs!!”- Eileen M.